1) As per a report released by Authbridge, a background verification Firm, Candidates for SMEs (small and medium enterprises) are six times more likely to fail a background check than those for an MNC (multinational corporations).
2) The maximum number of discrepancies occurred in North India, with Chandigarh being the city with the highest percentage of discrepancies (7.8%), followed by Pune (7.5%). Between the age group of 35-45.
3) The BFSI (banking, financial services and insurance) sector had the maximum number of discrepancies.
4) The report also found that the number of people failing background checks had been falling in the last two years from 7.5% in 2016 to 6.8% in 2018, which shows that some awareness was being carried out.
5) A significant 0.83% of candidates also failed drug tests, down from 1.23% in 2017, but up from 0.77% in 2016.